Interviewed By Augustine Rutasingwa | Pictures By RedBull
- Can you tell us brief about yourself? (Name, Skatename, Age, and Your residence)
Tj Rogers, 24 years old, currently living in Huntington Beach CA
- Who are your sponsors?
Blind skateboards, Tensor Trucks, Bones Wheels, Red Dragon Apparel, Redbull Canada, Nike SB (flow), Diamond Hardware, Grizzly Griptape, Oc Ramps,
- For how long have you been skateboarding?
Started skating when I was 8
- Who inspired you into Skateboarding?
My peers, as well as the up and coming skaters in my local community
- Have you ever being on any skate trip with your sponsors?
Yes I’ve been on several trips with my sponsors, I recently was traveling SA with redbull!
- What can you comment about skateboarding in your society?
Skateboarding in California is highly motivating! You are constantly being pushed by other skaters and seeing the younger generation grow! It’s amazing to see and be apart of the skateboarding community out here!
- Tell us how many skate events and contests you have been? And which one is the best?
I’ve been to lots of contests over the years, traveling state to state, country to country. by far my favorite contest is the Kimberley diamond cup!
- Africa Skateboarding Scene strive to grow, can you set advice to hard training Africa Skaters?
The best advice I got growing up was to never quit. Winners never quit. And quitters never win.
9. What will you do If you get a chance to be involved in any Africa Skateboarding Activity?
I’ll try and help the local skate community in South Africa grow as it is today. And keep pushing the skating to the next level!
- Lastly, what do you think of skateboarding being into Olympic
I think it’s an amazing idea! Skateboarding is growing so big all over the world that skateboarding should be in the olympics!